Heated Insoles vs. Heated Socks
When it comes to keeping your feet warm, we will do almost anything to avoid that bone chilling misery of cold feet. We’ve all had plenty of winter activities cut short due to cold toes and now that we know battery powered heated socks and battery powered heated insoles exist, it's a thing of the past. But what’s the better option? To answer that question, we put together a simple pros and cons list.
- Most heated insoles are battery powered, and here’s a tip- don’t buy anything that is powered by AA batteries, they’re cheap and will frustrate you. Our Outrek 2 heated insoles have the battery placed in the heel, it is super thin and surrounded by foam so it is comfortable to stand on, and will not get wet.
- Our Outrek 2 Heated Insoles come with a dual charger so you can charge both insoles at the same time, with the same charger.
Do not need to be washed
- When it comes to heated clothing, the less you have to wash it, the longer it will last. The washing cycle repeatedly bends and pulls on the wiring, which means they will not last as long.
Cut to fit in any shoe or boot.
- This means they have the same versatility as heated socks, and can be use in any shoe or boot.
- Our heated insoles come with a convenient remote control so you can turn them on, off or adjust the heat as easy as opening your car doors with your key fob.
Heating Element does not cover the top of toes
- The heating element is right under the ball of your foot and for most people that is more than enough. If you have severe Raynaud’s or poor circulation, this may not be enough.
May not fit in tight shoes or boots
- The insoles are just a little thicker than a normal boot insole, so if your boots are really tight, the insoles will make them feel even tighter.
- Again, all heated socks will be battery powered, but don’t buy any powered by AA batteries. We have not had any good experiences with those.
Heating Element may cover top of toes (check before you buy)
- This is great if your feet are even more susceptible to the cold than others.
Can be used in tight boots
- Heated socks are basically just as thick as a winter style sock, so if you have really tight boots, they will not add any thickness.
Need to be washed after every use
- Socks are one of those garments that absolutely need to be washed after every use, and unfortunately washing heated clothing is going to deteriorate them. The washing cycle pulls and bends the wiring and this is never good and risks damaging the components. We do have washable garments, but we highly recommend washing everything as little as possible, and washing by hand when possible.
The battery is placed at the top of the sock
- Some may see this as a pro compared to a battery being in the heel of the insole, but we put this in the con list because when our socks fall down because of a heavy battery, and bunch up in our socks it’s super uncomfortable.
Adjusting the temperature may be difficult
- We put this as a con because most heated socks have the power button on the sock, so it’s a struggle to find the power button and adjust the heat. Some may have a remote control, but you will have to look for that.
In conclusion, we tried our best to make this as unbiased as possible because as you can tell, we sell the heated insoles and not heated socks, but this was a calculated decision. We found that the heated insoles provided more than enough heat and can last for many seasons to come because you never have to wash them. We are currently developing heated socks that can withstand over 100 washes, but unfortunately they just don’t exist on the market yet.
If you would like to purchase or view our Outrek 2 Heated Insoles you can do so here:
View Outrek 2 Battery Powered Heated Insoles
If you are interested in Heated Socks, we are more than happy to refer you to one of our competitors, who we think have made the most reliable heated sock. You can purchase those here:
Venture Heated Products
Feel free to leave a comment, we would love to hear your thoughts, your experiences and what you think needs improvement.